This is one of my favorite recipes because I am a pizza lover. This recipe feeds my pizza cravings and is so easy to make. You can top your pasta pizza crust any way you like. Sometimes, I like to add ham to the crust to make a carbonara pizza. To do this I top the crust with ricotta and mozzarella and its soo good! Sometimes, I make a veggie pizza and layer my pasta pizza crust with sauteed veggies, pasta sauce and mozzarella. Hey, you can also keep it simple by just topping your pasta pizza crust with sauce, cheese and pepperoni! The recipe is here for the pasta pizza crust… top it however you like.
* 1lb package linguine, spaghetti or whatever pasta you have on hand
* 3 tablespoons olive oil
* 3-4 cloves garlic, grated or chopped
* 1/2-1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, depending on how spicy you like it
* 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
* 4 large eggs
* 1/2 cup milk
* Salt and black pepper
How to Make It:
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Heat water for pasta in large pot, salt it and cook pasta for three minutes.
- While water boils, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat olive oil. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook a minute more.
- Drain pasta and add to pan to toss with the garlic oil and ham. Add the parmesan cheese. Beat eggs with milk and pour over top of pasta. Let eggs begin to set up, one minute, and pat pasta into even layer to make the pizza pie crust. Place in oven and cook for five minutes.
I have had to alter this recipe for preparation here in Morocco because I don’t have an oven. Everything I cook is done on a gas cook top. So, what I do to make this a one pot meal is instead of placing the pan in the oven, I put a lid on the pan after I top my crust. I turn the heat down to low for 8-10 minutes so the eggs cook through and the cheese melts. Just be sure you have an even layer of egg and pasta. You will not get the browned cheese top but the crust will cook nicely. Depending on your cook top, of course you will have to keep an eye on your crust. ENJOY! xo